Product Name: Norfloxacin Nicotinic Soluble Powder
Generic Name: Norfloxacin Nicotinic Soluble Powder
Wide uses for all domestic aquatic animals; effective in treating bacterial diseases
- Strong permeability and easy to absorb
- Good broad-spectrum antibacterial activity
- Appropriate for common aquatic animals
- Convenient to store, keep the drug under seal in dry place
This product is a new fluoroquinolones drug that is indicated for killing bacteria by acting on bacteria DNA helicase A subunit to prevent the synthesis and duplication of DNA. This drug has strong sterilizing effects for most kinds of bacteria, like G+, G- and coccus.
This drug has broad spectrum antibiotic activity and good permeability. It is indicated for prevention of these bacteriosis caused by bacterium infections of aquatic animals: haemorrhagic septicaemia, sodden branchial, stigmatosis, enteritis, anabrosis, edwardsiella tarda, etc.
Dosage and Administration
- Mix with bait for oral use; 0.2-0.4 drugs (10-15mg if calculated by norfloxacin) for per kilogram of aquatic animals; 4.0-8.0 drugs for per kilogram of fodder (calculated by 5% baits dosage) and continuous use for 5-7 days;
- Mix with fodder; 200-300g drugs for 100kg fodder; once a day and twice for severe case.
- Avoid taking medicines that contain cationic with this drug at the same time, such as calmogastrin, magnesium trisilicate or any other feed additive;
- Cannot be mixed with medicines that have antagonism, for instance, rifampicin (RNA synthesis of depressants), thiamphenicol, florfenicol, etc.
- Destroy packaging materials in a concentrated way;
- Withdrawal period: 20 days under the water temperature of 25 degrees.
Notice: This drug may cause occasional gastrointestinal reaction and lead to arthropathy of young animals and affect the growth of cartilage autograph; if taken orally by young turtles weigh under 50g, the drug may also cause physical disfigurement.
- Approval number: Veterinary Drug Number (2013) 220332588 (10%)