Product Name: Praziquantel Premix
Generic Name: Praziquantel Premix
Praziquantel, albendazole, levamisole, etc.
- Pharmacokinetics: rapid oral absorption, general peak plasma times are: 2 hours for sheep, 3-4 hours for cattle; plasma concentration can maintain for a long time and widely distribute in animal tissues; inactive in metabolism of liver at the same time rapidly, a very small amount of the drug prototype excreted in the urine and feces with minimal toxicity for animals;
- Pharmacodynamics: This new broad-spectrum drug is developed for killing tapeworms with both anti-schistosome and anti-fluke effects; and can cause parasites’ muscle tonic contraction quickly to produce spastic paralysis. Meanwhile, it will rapidly and obviously damage parasites cortex and lead syncytial vitro to swell and prominent with bulla, which will cause surface ulceration, and ultimately circular muscle and longitudinal muscle dissolve rapidly, prompting the parasite death.
This drug is developed killing a variety of parasites, including schistosomiasis, clonorchis sinensis, paragonimiasis, fasciolopsiasis, taeniasis and cysticercosis alone or mixed infections in adults, larvae, larval migration of various culling of eggs. Besides, it is quite effective in killing common cow, goat fasciola hepatica, fasciola gigantica, moniezia; anoplocephalosis of horse, lungworm, nodular worms, roundworms, hookworms and other parasites infection that can cause decreased appetite, abnormal ruminants, anemia, weight loss, jaundice, anemia, edema, or walking gait, circling, attitude exception.
Dosage and Administration
If this is the first time to use this drug, please operate as following instructions.
- For treatment of cerebral hydatid disease: single dosage: 10-20 mg drugs for per kilogram of cattle and sheep; 100-150g drug bags when mixed with appropriate fodder, once a day and continuous use for 3 days;
- For treatment of schistosomiasis: single dosage: 25-30mg drugs for per kilogram of cattle, 60mg drugs for per kilogram of sheep; 100-150g drug bags when mixed with appropriate fodder, once a day and continuous use for 3 days;
- Half of the dosage for prevention.
- This product contains ivermectin that is highly toxic for fish, shrimp;
- Prevent the residues, packing bags and animal excrement from polluting the water;
- Keep it under seal in dry place;
- 28 days withdrawal period.
- Approval number: Veterinary Drug Number (2013) 220336042
- Carried standard: No. 1435 Quality Standard of Ministry of Agriculture Bulletin